Wednesday, June 06, 2007

June Is Bustin' Out All Over

It's 10 'til six, and I've made landfall in room 773.

Minnesota is like one's dog. No matter what sort of day/week/month/year I might have had, what transgressions I might have committed in the intervening time between visits, what travails might have befallen me, Minnesota welcomes me! The sign says so. Nice to know.

I'm back in Rochester to reprogram my neurostimulator to eliminate the tremors as completely as possible. Enough time has elapsed since the surgery that all swelling of the brain should be gone. I have regressed since the initial programming in April, but I was told that would happen. I've got my handy-dandy remote at the ready, with all voltage tweaks that I've done duly noted on the official scorecard provided me. The adventure begins again at 9:30 tomorrow.

I made the trip by myself this time. Completely unremarkable, except for the remarkable gas mileage I managed in my S2000. She outdid herself; nearly 30 MPG! I would attribute this to exceedingly skillful driving, but it seems more likely the result of a day-long 30+ MPH tailwind. Just the same, atta girl.

It's interesting to note that the farther north I drove, the cheaper the gas became. That's the direct opposite of the way it used to be.

The obligatory Rest Stop shot. Compare to February 26 and March 19.

It's now 9:15. I'm looking forward to tomorrow, but I'm gassed. Ready for the Biz bag. In my younger days, I could drive forever without fatigue; not anymore. Nine & 1/2 hours and I'm through. I've had a burger and a beer at Newt's, and a visit to Barnes & Noble yielded a copy of The Dangerous Book for Boys. I'm taking it into my man-cave to bed with me. I'll post again tomorrow.

Thanks for your interest,
Tom

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

Just so you'll know. You can teach and old dog new tricks. I've always read your blog over your shoulder as you typed or at the very least when you finished typing. I've never been on the receiving end while you were away. Needless to say, I've never blogged before. Somehow that just doesn't sound right...
I'm glad you made it to Rochester safe and sound. Sorry I couldn't get away this time. Have fun with Dr. Lee and the gang. I can't wait to see your final results. I am so happy for you and for all of the enjoyment I hope you find in the new(old) things that you'll be able to do. I'll talk to you tomorrow. I miss you! Have a safe trip home. Love ya, B

Anonymous said...

is it too late to post a comment?

wow, coolio about the rest stop sign, what a nice constant/ with differences thing. ok, it's late and am making no sense.

enjoyed your blog, glad you are keeping it up - even tho- you had to remind me to check. the book sounds fun. enjoy that in your man-cave.

latah! tracy