Monday, March 19, 2007

Day 7 - On the Road Again

Hello again!

This isn't actually day seven. There have been intervening days when nothing of note happened, so I'm discounting them entirely. It's my blog; I can do that.

I'm very, very excited about the impending "procedure". I have a difficult time imagining how I'll feel and react if the results are what everyone (including the surgical staff) expects. How much stuff will I be able to do right away? What must I relearn? Will I reeeeaaly stop shaking??? I'm all a-twitter.

Today's drive was mostly a no-brainer. The climate is MUCH more temperate this trip - sunny and 45 degrees when we arrived in Rochester. Compare the photo below (a rest stop north of Ames) with the one from the "Day One" episode. Your assignment, should you decide to accept it, is to find the eight differences between these photos that I'm thinking of. No hints.



We learned some things last trip. Ergo, we have a nicer room at the Kahler, better parking, and NO SICKNESS! We've had the requisite steak at Michael's (highly recommended) and are in for the night.

The sign atop our hotel, in a glass darkly:


My first appointment is at 8:00 in the morning. None of this can happen soon enough.

Thanks for your continued interest. Please tell those who might share that interest that the blog is up and running again!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom,
I was on my way to bed and thought that I would log on to read your "blog."
Steak? Sounds gooooood!
I hope all is well and will check on this blog Tuesday evening.
Take Care!
Boy, some people will do ANYTHING to get off work!!!! ha-ha..
Coeta

Anonymous said...

ahoy the minnesotans! hmmmm. seven things, huh? ok, i notice right off: no snow in the park pic. i know, i'm pretty sharp. wow, you are finally there. it's finally happening. i'm so happy for you. can't wait to hear all the details so i can keep you in my thoughts for the actual antenna placement. be sure and let us know when, how long, recovery time, and expected time you'll be back and all bionic and stuff. have fun at the doc - you should be going in any second now... it's 7:55am have fun!!! --tracy

Anonymous said...

oh, 8 things different in new photo:
1. no snow
2. no ice
3. grass
4. blue sky
5. color photo vs. black and white
6. buds on the trees
7. birds in the breeze (not shown)
8. spring is in the air and that represents new hope. --tracy

Anonymous said...

Hey Tom!

Just caught up on your adventure! You have a gift with the word man! After your "little" procedure maybe you should consider writing a novel eh?

Good luck with all your stuff and we'll send you good chi from class tonight!!

Peace and Stuff
Shani

Anonymous said...

Oh yea!

7 things

1. snow
2. snow
3. snow
4. snow
5. snow
6. snow
7. frozen water flakes

Shani

Anonymous said...

Tom,
Just wanted to let you know that you will be in my thoughts and prayers! Good luck with the procedure! We miss you and look forward to seeing you soon!!

-Heidi